Google+

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Unexpected Hiatus

I have had a few subscribers email me asking if I'm going to continue the TtA series.  Answer: Yes!

However, I started taking courses offered by Stanford (Game Theory Math and Cryptography).  Game Theory is fun and I enjoy it.

Cryptography is significantly harder, and it has a programming component.  Making it worse, I decided I'd drop the course when I discovered programming to complete sections of the course.  I can write programs, but it is not worth my time to struggle with it when I really wanted a more high level overview.  With a heavy heart I wrote the letter to drop the course and sent it off.

About a week later the teacher replied they reexamined the course completion requirements and had dropped the programming portion, making it "extra credit" instead.  So, I was back to doing Cryptography!  But I had lost two weeks and the first quiz was due in two days  (course requires one quiz every week).  Since then I've been struggling to catch up with Crypto.

I should be caught up by end of this week, and moving onto a more normal schedule.  It is far easier to maintain a workload than to play catch up and be stressed all the time.

So, I hope to be back to a normal schedule soon!  And if your interested in some courses from Stanford, please check them out at: https://www.coursera.org/

Once these wrap up I'm thinking of taking a course in Model Thinking or Automata.  In early June/late May I will take a week off to prepare for my CISM.  One good thing, once I catch up I want to sit and write up a slew of articles, hopefully building up a buffer.

3 comments:

Ma Lau said...

I would just like to say that I really enjoyed your blog. It's too bad that you have other things to attend to at this time. Wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I've enjoyed reading your blog. It's too bad that you're busy with other more important matters in life. Anyway, wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I really enjoyed your blog! Too bad that you have other (more important) matters in life to attend to. Wish you all the best!